Thursday, November 19, 2009

jcrew new arrivals

I was bored after work today and decided to stop by jcrew and take a look at the new arrivals...


I was excited to see the sequined starland tank because it looked so cute online! It is definitely very pretty in real life, but the size zero was even a little too big on me and I felt like it was such a statement piece I could only wear it a few times. The nude color was way too close to my skintone as well... Final assessment - cute, but would probably wait for a sale and get the black color instead.


Next I tried on the Ikat floral skirt. When I saw this print online I fell in love with the beautiful colors and I was so excited to try it on today. The colors on the skirt are gorgeous in real life, but the material is very weird... it says online that it is silk, but it is more of a taffeta type of material.... I guess maybe that means it would wrinkle less? I loved this skirt, but they didn't have a size 0 in my store and the 2 was too big... :(

Okay, so I tried on the Gypsy rose metallic cami next and all I can say is what a disappointment! It is super shiny in real life, not like the subtle shine in the picture online, the shape is super boxy and the flower in the front is waaaay to overwhelming!

The frosted jacquard pencil skirt did not catch my interest when I saw it online, but it is super pretty in real life! I tried on the rose gold color, but they also just had a gold color in store. I tried on my normal size, but it was pretty form fitting... similar fit to the dazzling dots pencil skirt.

Last, I tried on the bijou top. I almost ordered this top from the 20% off sale, but I held off thinking that I would like to see if in real life first. This top is so pretty and flattering! I really like that the jewels are the same color as the top, which makes them a bit more subtle.

No comments:

Post a Comment